Thursday, April 21, 2011

Matt's Top Netflix Instant View Movies

As discussed in The Deucecast Episode 2, here are my top 5 Netflix Instant View movies, at least for the past couple weeks...


SHORT CIRCUIT
This 1986 classic contains the perfect 80's formula for success. Steve Guttenberg, CHECK. Hit pop single by El De Barge, CHECK. White actor in an ethnic role that would never be allowed on screen today (Tropic Thunder excluded), CHECK. Robots and Lasers, DOUBLE CHECK.


HOT SHOTS: PART DEUX
One of my favorite Charlie Sheen roles of all time. This was a golden age when spoofs were funny. With spoofs of classic action flicks and lots of Saddam/gulf war jokes, this one really holds up if you were around in he 90's.


BATMAN (1989)
This movie still loves on in my house. Lots of people refer to the epic achievement of Donner Superman films. Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, and Jack Nicholson made me believe comic books could truly exist on screen. I still have a Keaton Batman trash can to this day.


MONSTERS
This is a newer film from director Gareth Edwards. This low-budget thriller tries to pull a District 9 crossed with Children of Men, but ends up with something different. The dialogue may be a bit lame, and it may seem bring at times, but this low-budget flick is beautiful to look at. Its an awesome achievement considering the shoestring financing. Oh yeah, and the star is names Scoot McNairy! Need I say more?


UHF
Weird Al is awesome! I went to see this 1989 classic for my buddy Kenny's birthday party when it was released in theaters. It changed my life. Conan the Librarian, Spatula City, Gandhi 2! WATCH IT!

No comments: